Podcast Interview just landed: Interview episode with myself and good friend Jesse Green from Savvy Dentist Podcast just landed.
I know every business owner running team will get value out of it.
https://rcl.ink/WI7 link to head over to the podcast directly.
I just feel sorry for the poor audio editor as I had 2 X Latte’s just before the interview and my brain and lips got out of sync a few times. A lot of my answers came out as direct high speed information with catch up ahh’s punctuating it.
In this episode we discuss:
- [02:57] The story of how he found his way in the work he does.
- [06:03] Most common frustrations of practice owners on manuals and systems.
- [08:06] Having systems in your business and getting your team to follow documented processes.
- [10:49] Things business owners should give attention to when creating systems.
- [13:14] Tips on creating practical systems for your business.
- [15:06] The possibility of over-systemising your business.
- [16:26] Encouraging and challenging team members to be better in their roles.
- [18:20] Creating freedom in your life while building your business.
- [21:20] Actions business owners should take to transition from being the technician to business owner.
- [22:33] The challenge of getting things done.
- [24:34] Take our four week challenge to get yourself into the business owner role.
- [28:43] Rookie mistakes in leadership.
- [31:51] How the growth of a business depends on the growth of its leader.
- [33:13] The skill set you need to run a multi-million dollar practice.
- [34:15] Tips on becoming a better business owner and leader.
- [37:30] Providing mentoring, training and skills development for your team.
- [41:09] The importance of mentoring and systems in leading your team.